Just because summer 2020 is a bit different than expected, we can still observe social distancing regulations and keep healthy and fit at the same time, according to Harvard. Eating healthy and putting physically active pastimes into action is something teens, tweens, kids, adults, and families need than ever before.
So now’s the time!
8 Summer Ideas for Families to Keep Fit and Healthy Together
#1 – Be a Role Model
Kids and teenagers will listen better if we are doing what we are telling them to do.
- Eat well, and they will eat well.
- Limit television and exercise regularly, and they’ll follow along.
- Your actions mean more than not doing what you are telling them to do.
#2 – Be in the Olympics
Ever tried pretending your entire family is in the Olympics to keep kids fit and healthy during summer 2020?
- Friendly competitions work wonders when you are feeling cooped up.
- Pick out a special gift everybody would like and leave it somewhere in sight.
- Chart out ways to be active from now until the end of August.
- Document the winners each week.
- The most active one at the end of summer wins the victory.
#3 – Walk or dance, and get the grandparents involved!
Don’t mean to sound cliche, but make it a habit to walk the neighborhood after dinner. Come up with an alternative plan for hot and rainy days. For example, dance to your favorite music in the living room.
#4 – Set Up for Circuit Training
Who says you can’t have a gym in the middle of your living room? Better yet, spread it out to individual rooms in the house.
Each station should have:
- Set a Timer (one minute per exercise)
- Upper-Body Exercises such as Pushups and Shoulder Presses
- Lower-Body Exercises such as Walking Lunges and Calf Strengthening
- Compound Exercises such as Jumping Jacks
- Sprinting Exercises such as Running in Place
- Rest for One Minute After Entire Set
- Begin Again (for 10 to 45 Minutes)
#5 – Try Camp Games & Yoga Activities
Happy Camper Live’s web series, Camp Games and Yoga, helps break your couch-potato habits.
#6 – Get Sporty
Soccer balls, jump ropes, and even kites make for a fun, active day in the back yard.
#7 – Snack Healthy
- Turn fruit into frozen treats by freezing grapes or blueberries.
- Use popsicle sticks in the middle of yogurt cups, then place in the
#8 – Virtual Summer Camps & Programs
2020 Virtual Summer Camps are a growing trend. Learn more about why so many kids are drooling over our virtual summer camp.
Keep Kids Fit and Healthy During Summer 2020
& Put Plans into Action
It does not have to be a difficult process to keep kids fit and healthy during summer 2020.
And, remember: It’s never too late!
Let’s help your kids have a fantastic summer 2020! Sign up here for a free trial.